Nominate a book for OCOB 2020
We need your help to choose a book for the 2020 One Community, One Book program.
Visit this link to make your nomination between now and February 5. Please keep in mind the below selection criteria.
The selected book must:
- Foster exploration and discussion of pressing human rights issue(s)
- Be inclusive and reflective of a diverse readership
- Be accessible to adults and high school students
- Lend itself to opportunities for meaningful local action
- Be available in paperback and preferably also unabridged audio, e-book, and large print
- Be published within the last five years
Strong preference is given to books in which the author is available and accessible to visit the Iowa City area for in-person readings and discussions.
Timeline for OCOB 2020
- January 13-February 5: collect nominations through online form
- February: UICHR in collaboration with community organizations such as area libraries, high schools, and the Iowa City City of Literature will choose a book.
- March: announce book choice
- March-August: plan fall 2020 events
- Fall 2020: events including book discussions and author visits will be held during this time
The coordinator of One Community, One Book is Colleen Opal. Please contact her with any questions.