DACA and the US Supreme Court
A Reprieve for DREAMERS, But a Closing of other Paths: What Does US Immigration Policy Look Like Today?
This webinar was held on June 8, 2020 to discuss the recent US Supreme case concerning DACA plus issues concerning immigrants and asylees at the borders.
The three panelists were: Professor Stella Elias, University of Iowa College of Law; Zaira Garcia, Texas Director FWD.US; and Nilvia Reyes Rodriguez, Co-founder DREAM Iowa.
For further information, please review the resources listed below the video.
Resources recommended by speakers
- Fwd.us https://www.fwd.us/end-family-separation-2020/
- How family separation has continued as a result of the policies implemented by the Trump Administration: https://youtu.be/pq2DDaM3uuY
- Dream Iowa: https://dreamiowa.us/
- Independent Lens, "Waking Dream series" https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLh_qdzak59m6FJr-nNutH3e3b7NJrKFOb
Here are some suggested links to resources from a legal perspective:
- National Immigration Law Center DACA Information: https://www.nilc.org/issues/daca/
- National Immigration Project of the National Lawyers Guild Practice Advisories: https://www.nationalimmigrationproject.org/practice.html
- American Immigration Council State-Specific Fact Sheets: https://www.americanimmigrationcouncil.org/
- Penn State Law's Center for Immigrant's Rights series of white papers and other resources on Immigration in the Time of Trump: https://pennstatelaw.psu.edu/immigration-time-of-trump
- National Immigrant Justice Center (Chicago-based): https://immigrantjustice.org/
- Migration Policy Institute (for academic research, reports and factsheets): https://www.migrationpolicy.org/