We'd love to hear your ideas for the 2023 One Community, One Book selection! We will open submissions in fall 2022 for the following year.
Selection criteria we use:
- Foster exploration and discussion of pressing human rights issue(s)
- Be inclusive and reflective of a diverse readership
- Be accessible to adults and high school students
- Lend itself to opportunities for meaningful local action
- Be available in paperback and preferably also unabridged audio, e-book, and large print
- Be published within the last five years
Strong preference is given to books in which the author is available and accessible to visit the Iowa City area for in-person readings and discussions.
We anticipate announcing the selection in Mid-March 2023.