The 2021 nomination process is now closed.
We'd love to hear your ideas for the 2022 One Community, One Book selection. Please check back in early 2022 for details on our next selection.
Selection criteria we use
The selected book should:
- Foster exploration and discussion of pressing human rights issue(s)
- Be inclusive and reflective of a diverse readership
- Be accessible to adults and high school students
- Lend itself to opportunities for meaningful local action
- Be available in paperback and preferably also unabridged audio, e-book, and large print
- Be published within the last five years
Strong preference is given to books in which the author is available and accessible to visit the Iowa City area for in-person readings and discussions.